According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites each year. Most of these dog attack victims are young children between the ages of five and nine years old.
Understandably, many parents worry about infection, serious injuries, medical expenses, and the psychological harm caused by a dog attack. If you, your child, or a family member has suffered a dog attack, one of our dog bite lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys can listen to your story and help you decide what to do next.
Important Steps to Take After Suffering a Dog Bite
Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatic experience. If a dog has attacked you, there are some important steps you should take:
- Seek medical attention immediately for any injuries. Even if they seem minor, lacerations or puncture wounds could become infected, or you could develop symptoms of a more severe condition over time that requires additional medical care.
- If it is safe to do so, find out if the dog that bit you has received rabies vaccinations and try to determine if the dog has a history of aggressive behavior. Ask if the dog has attacked others in the past.
- File a report with a local animal control center or police department. Make a note of the time you called and the name of the person you spoke to about the attack.
- If it is safe to do so, take photographs of your injuries, the place where the attack took place, and the dog that hurt you.
- Write down the names and contact information of the dog owner, homeowner, and any witnesses who saw the attack.
- Contact the experienced dog bite lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys to help you with your personal injury claim.
In many dog bite cases and animal attacks, witnesses and injury victims forget important details of the incident and evidence gets lost. Contacting a personal injury attorney quickly will help them gather relevant, accurate information that can be used if you decide to pursue compensation for your dog bite injuries.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Treat a Dog Bite
We Stand Up for Dog Bite Victims and Their Loved Ones
At Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys, our team of personal injury lawyers has experience handling dog bite lawsuits and can help you with your claim by:
- Conducting an investigation and interviewing witnesses of the dog attack
- Analyzing your claim based on Alabama dog bite liability laws and filing a lawsuit on your behalf
- Consulting with medical experts to get a fair assessment of your current and future medical expenses
- Determining whether you are entitled to additional compensation for lost work, loss of future earnings, and other losses
- Handling negotiations with the insurance company to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses
RELATED ARTICLE: Bit By A Dog? Take These 5 Steps to Protect Your Claims
Hurt by a Dog? Contact Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys Today
From the “one bite rule” and Emily’s Law to the statute of limitations to file a personal injury claim, Alabama’s dog attack laws can difficult to understand. That is why you need the legal services of a dog bite lawyer who knows the dog bite laws in your area. If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog in Mobile, Baldwin County, or anywhere in Alabama, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, physical pain, and emotional trauma.
With decades of experience handling personal injury cases, the lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys have the knowledge, legal resources, and determination to fight for you.