We Fight for Dog Bite Victims in Mobile, Daphne, Foley, and Throughout Alabama and Mississippi
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites each year. Most of these dog attack victims are young children between the ages of five and nine years old. Understandably, many parents worry about infection, medical expenses, and the psychological harm caused by a dog attack. If you or your child has suffered a dog attack, one of our dog bite lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys can listen to your story and help you decide what to do next.
For a free case review with one of our injury attorneys, simply fill out our online form or call us at 251-888-8888.
Important Steps to Take After Suffering a Dog Bite
Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatic experience. If a dog has attacked you, there are some important steps you should take:
- Seek medical attention immediately for any injuries. Even if they seem minor, your injuries could become infected, or you could develop symptoms of a more severe condition over time.
- If it is safe to do so, find out if the dog that bit you has received rabies vaccinations and try to determine if the dog has a history of aggressive behavior. Ask if the dog has attacked others in the past.
- File a report with a local animal control center or police department. Make a note of the time you called and the name of the person you spoke to about the attack.
- If it is safe to do so, take photographs of your injuries, the place where the attack took place, and the dog that hurt you.
- Write down the names and contact information of the owner and any witnesses who saw the attack.
- Contact the experienced dog bite lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys to help you with your claim.
In many dog bite cases, witnesses and victims forget important details of the incident and evidence gets lost. Contacting a lawyer quickly will help them gather relevant, accurate information that can be used if you decide to pursue compensation for your dog bite injuries.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Treat a Dog Bite
We Stand Up for Dog Bite Victims and Their Loved Ones
At Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys, our team of personal injury attorneys has experience handling dog bite lawsuits and can help you with your claim by:
- Conducting an investigation and interviewing witnesses of the dog attack
- Analyzing your claim based on either Alabama or Mississippi dog bite liability laws and filing a lawsuit on your behalf
- Consulting with medical experts to get a fair assessment of your current and future medical expenses
- Determining whether you are entitled to additional compensation for lost work, loss of future earnings, and other losses
- Handling negotiations with the insurance company to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses
RELATED ARTICLE: Children and Dog Bites
Hurt by a Dog? Contact Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys Today
Dog attack laws are different in each state. That is why you need the help of a dog bite lawyer who understands animal bite laws in your area. If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog in Alabama or Mississippi, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, physical pain, and emotional trauma.
With decades of experience handling personal injury lawsuits, the lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys have the knowledge, resources, and determination to fight for you.
Contact us today by completing our online form or by calling 251-888-8888 to schedule your free consultation.