What Happens if You Get Hurt in a Store in Alabama?January 19, 2021
- 1. In-Store Injuries Are All Too Common
- 2. What Happens After You Get Hurt in a Store in Alabama
- 3. ACIA Handles All Kinds of In-Store Injury Claims
- 4. Hurt in an Alabama Store? Don’t Wait to Call the Andy Citrin Team
Every day, we trust stores to provide a safe shopping experience. We expect wet floors to be marked with signs, dangerous sections to be roped off, and employees to act with our best interests in mind. Unfortunately, too many accidents are caused by employees making reckless decisions and retailers not taking accountability for the safety of their premises.
People should never have to sacrifice their safety and wellbeing in a store—if you or someone you love was injured in a store, you may be owed financial compensation for your injuries.
To learn more about your options after getting hurt in an Alabama store, keep reading. We’ll outline common injuries, your options for recovery afterwards, and how we’ve helped people like you get their lives back on track.
In-Store Injuries Are All Too Common
Unfortunately, there are many ways shoppers like you can get hurt in a store. Some of the most common injuries that happen in a store or business include:
- Slipping and falling on wet floors
- Tripping and falling on uneven floors, including damaged carpeting
- Unsafe floors, including unmarked stairs
- Falling items
- Defective doors and doorways
- Objects or products blocking aisles
There are other ways you can get hurt in a store—these are just common scenarios. If you or someone you love was hurt in a store in one of these ways, or in some other accident, don’t wait to protect your health and your future.
What Happens After You Get Hurt in a Store in Alabama
After getting hurt in a store in Alabama, you might feel alone and overwhelmed. The store might even tell you that your only option is to file an in-store complaint that won’t go anywhere. You might even hear from other attorneys that your claim isn’t worth going up against a retail giant to get compensation for your injuries. If any of this sounds familiar, don’t be fooled; you have options.
Make a Store Report
After getting hurt in a store, request to speak to the manager and file a store report noting your injuries. Request a copy of this report to show your lawyer later.
Go to the Doctor
Get medical attention as soon as you can and tell them exactly what happened to you. They’ll treat your injuries and the medical records will create a catalog of evidence to support your claim against the store.
Document Your Damages
Write down when you can’t work, how much pain you feel each day, and other ways getting hurt in a store has affected your life. This journal will help your lawyer and your case later.
Contact an Attorney
Unfortunately, getting a fair settlement after an injury is notoriously difficult, especially if you’re going up against a huge store with lots of resources. They can also make sure the evidence in your case is protected. For example, video footage is often deleted after a certain amount of time. However, an attorney knows how to make sure the store doesn’t delete any footage of the accident happening that you can use in your claim.
RELATED: 4 Signs You Were Hurt in an Unsafe Premise
ACIA Handles All Kinds of In-Store Injury Claims
If you need answers for the harm a store has caused you or someone you love, you need a lawyer who will stand up to their corporate attorneys on your behalf.
Not only will skilled premises liability attorney demand accountability in a claim or trial, but they’ll also act to protect you every step of the way. This includes preserving evidence like security camera footage before it disappears, dealing with medical bills and hospital communications, and making sure you have all the information you need to make the best decision for your family and your future.
At Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys, we’ve helped injured people across Alabama and Mississippi recover the financial compensation they need after getting severely injured in a store.
- John’s Story: An irresponsible store employee standing on a ladder dropped a heavy smoker on a man shopping below, damaging a tendon, soft tissue, and causing extensive pain and suffering. Our team secured a settlement of over $100,000 for John.
- Randall’s Story: An unmarked, hard-to-see step caused Randall’s wife, who used a wheelchair, to fall down the stairs and break her wrist. After the insurance company denied responsibility for her injuries, our team got them a settlement that covered their costs.
- Barbara’s Story: Heavy metal rack falls on elderly woman in a Wal-Mart, causing a severe injury to her right leg. Other attorneys told Barbara not to bother filing a suit, despite her declining quality of life; our team won her a settlement of $50,000, six times the original attorney’s estimate.
- June’s Story: June sustained a severe injury after slipping on a slick wheelchair ramp at a Waffle House during a rainstorm. Her injury will likely keep June from working ever again, denying her of at least 10 more years of wages. Determined to hold Waffle House accountable, our team won a settlement of $245,000 on June’s behalf.
Hurt in an Alabama Store? Don’t Wait to Call the Andy Citrin Team
At Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys, we’re no strangers to terrible in-store accidents. In the over 30 years we’ve been fighting for injured people like you, we’ve helped countless clients recover from their injuries, get the financial compensation they need, and the closure they deserve.
To learn more about your options, please don’t hesitate to schedule a free, confidential consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys. We’ll meet with you to learn the details of your case, review your options with you in simple terms, and offer you sound legal advice about what to do next.
Get started today by calling 251-888-8888 or filling out our online contact form. Initial case reviews are always free and confidential.
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.
Contact Us, Andy is Ready to Win for You
OUR PROMISE TO OUR CLIENTS: YOU WON’T PAY A DIME UNTIL WE WIN
We Know How Stressful Serious Accidents Can Be
Our law firm supports its clients at every step of the way. We handle the details of your legal claims and make sure you have the information you need to make the best choice for your family and your future.
Getting Injured People the Help They Need After a Serious Accident