The long Labor Day weekend typically means more traffic than usual on Alabama’s roadways. Given the condition of the roads after Isaac, some areas have other dangers that motorists must be aware of this weekend, as well.
With increased traffic and wet roads, it is important for drivers to exercise extra caution when driving on Alabama roads.
Alabama’s Integrated State Law Enforcement Task Force created the following list of tips to help Mobile and Baldwin county residents to stay safe this weekend:
- Avoid operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This includes both cars and boats.
- Limit access and closely monitor teen drivers to prevent the under-age consumption of alcohol that may result in endangering the lives of your teen and others sharing the road.
- Pay attention to speed limits and driving conditions of the road.
- Obey boating laws while on the water.
- Be aware of swimmers and other boaters.
- Keep an eye out for debris in the water and on the roadways that may be remnants of Isaac.
- Wear seat belts and child restraints in the car.
- Wear life vests when on the water.
- Never leave a grill unattended. Make sure that grills are placed a safe distance from lawn games, play areas and foot traffic.
- Pay attention to weather conditions, especially when it involves thunder and lightning.
On holiday weekends, it is not uncommon for law enforcement officials to make enforcement stops or to have unmarked vehicles on patrol in order to ensure the safety of Alabama residents and motorists. Following these tips will allow you to have a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend!
Should you be involved in an auto accident caused by the actions or negligence of another driver this weekend, the experienced car collision lawyers at the Citrin Law Firm are available to help you with your claim.
For more information on the legal rights of car crash victims or to begin exploring your legal options, complete the Free Case Review form on this page to schedule a confidential, no-obligation consultation with a member of our knowledgeable legal team.