We Fight for ATV Crash Victims in Mobile, Daphne, Foley, and Throughout Alabama and Mississippi
ATVs can be fun, but riders, passengers, and bystanders can get seriously injured due to circumstances beyond their control. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an Alabama or Mississippi ATV or quad accident, call the ATV accident lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys. You may be entitled to compensation.
Due to the large number of factors that can contribute to an ATV crash, it can be difficult to identify who is responsible for your injuries. Our ATV crash lawyers are prepared to investigate your case and help you seek justice and compensation from those who were at fault.
What Causes ATV Crashes?
A variety of factors can contribute to ATV driver or passenger injuries while out on the trails. Some common causes include:
- Weather: Bad conditions can reduce visibility and cause riders to misjudge distances and hazards.
- Terrain and Environment: Mud, loose gravel, and other hazards can often appear safe at first, especially to inexperienced drivers. Unfortunately, many riders cause crashes when they travel too fast or overcorrect while steering.
- Riding With a Passenger: Many ATVs are designed for a single rider. Adding a passenger to this type of vehicle can dramatically and dangerously change its handling, shock-absorption, and crashworthiness.
- Defective ATVs and Parts: ATVs and their parts can break due to bad engineering, incorrect assembly, or lack of maintenance. These issues can cause a crash or make a crash worse than it should have been.
- Children Operating ATVs: A startling number of serious personal injuries involve ATVs operated by children. Most children do not have the strength, judgment, or skill to operate an ATV on their own. If you let children operate an off-road vehicle at all, you should always supervise them.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Prove Fault After an Accident
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a serious personal injury caused by the negligence of another person, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries. Call 251-888-8888 or complete our online form to speak with one of our attorneys right away.
Steps to Take After an ATV Crash
If you have been the victim of an ATV accident, it is important that you take the following steps:
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention
To pursue compensation for your injuries, you need documented proof. Most severe and catastrophic injuries are documented when you go to the ER, but other debilitating conditions can take time to develop. You may feel fine or have minor symptoms right after an ATV crash, but traumatic brain injuries, back injuries, neck injuries, and other health problems can take days or even weeks to show up. An experienced medical professional can spot early warning signs and help you start recovering right away.
- Collect Information Related to the ATV Collision
Gather the names, phone numbers, and addresses of anyone involved in the ATV accident, including witnesses to the crash. Also take note of the exact location of the accident and record any information about the ATV, including the make and model number. Take photographs of the scene, your injuries, and anything else that seems relevant to the crash.
- Don’t Talk About the Accident
Insurance adjusters will call you, and they are trained to get victims to settle for as little compensation as possible. Anything that you say to the insurance company may make it difficult to settle your claim. Similarly, don’t post about your crash or injuries on social media. It can hurt your claim later.
- Contact an ATV Accident Lawyer at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys
An insurance provider may ask you to sign paperwork following your ATV accident. Never sign anything until you have consulted an ATV accident lawyer. The documents you sign may limit the amount of compensation you are able to collect in an ATV accident lawsuit.
RELATED ARTICLE: Mobile Personal Injury Lawyer Discusses Dangers of ATV Accidents
Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys: We Fight for ATV Accident Victims
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident involving an all-terrain vehicle, one of our ATV accident lawyers can help you pursue justice for your injuries. You may be eligible to collect compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
The team at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys has offices conveniently located in Foley, Daphne, Mobile, and throughout Alabama and Mississippi. To schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers, fill out our online form or call us at 251-888-8888. We’ll listen to your story, investigate your crash, and discuss the compensation you could be owed.
We provide comprehensive legal counsel to injury victims throughout Alabama and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. And we work on a contingent fee basis, which means we don’t charge for our services unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you.