We Help Our Clients Demand Fair Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
We Fight for ATV Crash Victims in Mobile, Alabama
All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) can be a lot of fun — but riders, passengers, and even bystanders can get seriously injured when these ATVs crash. In fact, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 324 people died in Alabama ATV crashes between 1982 and 2014.
If you or someone you know has been hurt in an ATV accident, you deserve answers. However, due to the complicated nature of these crashes, determining responsibility can be difficult. Thankfully, the team of experienced ATV accident lawyers at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys has significant experience investigating these crashes and pursuing the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
To schedule a free, confidential consultation with one of our ATV accident lawyers, please complete this brief form or call us at 251-888-8888.
What Causes ATV Crashes?
In many cases, these accidents are caused by one or more of the reasons listed below.
- Weather: Poor conditions and limited visibility can cause drivers to underestimate the danger, overlook hazards, and crash.
- Terrain and Environment: Mud, loose gravel, or sand can seem safe at first. After all, these are “all-terrain vehicles.” But these terrains can be extremely dangerous for new or inexperienced drivers, especially when driving too fast around a turn or attempting to over-correct.
- Riding With a Passenger: Most quads are designed for one rider. Adding a passenger, heavy load, or other weight can negatively affect your ability to safely handle the ATV, absorb shocks, or escape a crash without injury.
- Defective ATVs and Parts: Unfortunately, poor engineering, faulty assembly, and lack of upkeep can cause ATV parts to break. When this happens, it can cause a crash or make a crash worse.
- Children Operating ATVs: An alarming number of serious injuries and crashes are caused by children or other young, inexperienced drivers operating an ATV. Most children do not have the judgment, skill, strength, or driving experience to navigate a quad on their own responsibly.
- Drugs or Alcohol: Driving an ATV under the influence of drugs or alcohol is extremely dangerous and can lead to serious injuries or even death.
If you’re hurt in a crash that wasn’t your fault, you deserve compensation for your injuries. When you work with the team at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys, we can get to the bottom of your crash. Call 251-888-8888 or complete our online form to speak with one of our attorneys right away.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Prove Fault After an Accident
Hurt in an ATV Crash? Here’s What to Do Next
If you or someone you care about has been in an ATV crash, here’s what to do next.
Get Medical Attention
In order to pursue compensation for your ATV accident injuries, you need to record the damage they caused and the cost of treating them. Most severe, traumatic, and complicated injuries are documented when you go to the ER, but other conditions may take time to develop. For example, you may feel fine after a crash, but traumatic brain injuries (including concussions), back injuries, neck injuries, and internal bleeding can take days or even weeks to appear. An experienced medical professional can detect early warning signs and get you the treatment you need right away.
Collect Information Related to the ATV Crash
After the ATV accident, take down the names, phone numbers, and addresses of anyone involved in the crash or who might have witnessed the accident. Note the exact location, weather, ATV information (including the make and model number), and any other factors that may have caused or impacted the crash. Take pictures of the scene, your injuries, and anything else that seems relevant to the accident.
Don’t Talk or Post About the Accident
After an ATV crash, you will hear from insurance adjusters attempting to get you to settle for a low-ball offer. Never accept their offer without speaking with an attorney first. Insurance adjusters are trained to get victims to settle for as little as possible, so anything you say to them can be used against you. Similarly, don’t post about the accident on social media; it can serve as clear and direct evidence that could decimate your claim later.
How a Lawyer Can Help After an ATV Accident
Injured people and their families should not have to worry about how they’ll achieve a fair settlement to pay for their bills after a devastating crash. That’s where Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys enters the picture.
We help our clients understand the true value of their claim, meticulously investigate the crash, and fight tooth and nail to make sure our clients get every cent they deserve. And when you hire us, you don’t pay anything unless we win for you.
Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys: We Fight for People Hurt in ATV Accidents
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident involving an ATV or quad, you might be eligible to collect compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more — depending on the circumstances of your crash.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our ATV accident lawyers, please complete this brief online form or call 251-888-8888. We’ll listen to your story to better understand the details and provide our thoughts on the viability of your claim and potential compensation you could be eligible to receive.
The team at Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys has offices in Foley, Daphne, Mobile, and throughout Alabama and Mississippi. We provide comprehensive legal counsel to injury victims throughout Alabama and Mississippi on a contingent fee basis, which means we don’t charge for our services unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you.
Consumer Product Safety Commission. (2017, December 31). Death Associated With ATVs by State. Retrieved from cpsc.gov/Safety-Education/Safety-Education-Centers/ATV-Safety-Information-Center/Death-Associated-With-ATVs-by-State-
The content provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject.