Safe Driving Tips for the HolidaysDecember 02, 2013
Thanksgiving is a happy time for family and friends to get together. But these get-togethers can quickly turn into tragedies when loved ones are injured or killed in traffic accidents.
As the holiday season approaches, with Thanksgiving on Thursday, Alabama drivers need to be aware of actions they can take to make their holiday travel safer. Drivers can protect themselves and their passengers by following these holiday travel safety tips:
- Before getting on the road, make sure that your car is in good shape for travel. This is especially important if you are driving in winter driving conditions.
- Restrain yourself and your passengers properly in seat belts and child car safety seats. Remember, the rear seat is the safest place for children of any age to sit.
- Allow yourself enough travel time. Leave early if you can to avoid the peak traffic hours. Check the weather forecast for the areas you will be driving through. If adverse weather conditions are predicted for those areas, be sure to give yourself enough time to drive in these conditions without being rushed.
- Take plenty of breaks and do not push yourself to meet an unrealistic schedule.
- Don’t speed. Let impatient and aggressive drivers pass you.
- Do not pass other vehicles if you are unable to see enough clear road to pass safely.
- Make sure to choose a designated driver if there will be drinking involved at your Thanksgiving get-together.
Keeping these travel safety tips in mind will help to ensure that this holiday season is both enjoyable and safe. On behalf of the Citrin Law Firm, Happy Thanksgiving!
Contact Us, Andy is Ready to Win for You
OUR PROMISE TO OUR CLIENTS: YOU WON’T PAY A DIME UNTIL WE WIN
We Know How Stressful Serious Accidents Can Be
Our law firm supports its clients at every step of the way. We handle the details of your legal claims and make sure you have the information you need to make the best choice for your family and your future.
Getting Injured People the Help They Need After a Serious Accident