The holidays are upon us. It is important that while we are making plans to spend time with loved ones this year that we take into consideration that holidays are some of the most dangerous times on the road.
Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, the roads in Mobile are packed with traffic. It is crucial for Alabama drivers to do everything possible to make sure the roads are safe for themselves and others sharing the road.
To help you stay safe on the roads this holiday season, we have compiled a list of safety tips to minimize distractions while traveling to your holiday destination this year:
- Program your GPS before the trip.
- It is important to get plenty of rest and take breaks to stretch if you are making a long trip. This is critical to ensuring that you are completely alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Put down the phone. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), driver who use hand-held devices are four times more likely to get into an accident.
- Remind your children to stay in their seat during a road trip. Put everything they may need on the trip within arm’s reach before getting on the road.
- Eat or drink BEFORE you get on the road or stop somewhere to eat along the away. Eating behind the wheel is a serious distraction that can result in an accident.
From all of us at the Citrin Law Firm, we wish you a happy and safe holiday!