GranuFlo Heart RisksJuly 31, 2014
Fresenius Medical Care (FMC) has been targeted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the link between their dialysis products, GranuFlo and NaturaLyte, and the onset of a number of health concerns. GranuFlo heart risks have taken the country by storm in the past two years, as thousands of dialysis patients are becoming ill with serious heart problems. The FDA has announced that this is a Class 1 recall, indicating the severity and speediness of this recollection of dangerous drugs.
Patients who have received dialysis treatment from any FMC center or FMC sponsored dialysis health care facilities are six times more likely to develop cardiopulmonary arrest and sudden cardiac arrest. Due to the FDA’s Class 1 label, the side effects of both GranuFlo and NaturaLyte present “serious adverse health consequences or death”. These GranuFlo heart risks must not be taken lightly. If you or a loved one has received dialysis treatment with either GranuFlo or NaturaLyte and are experiencing adverse side effects, you may be entitled to compensation.
Citrin Law Firm is currently taking cases for all Alabama residents who have received wither GranuFlo or NaturaLyte dialysis treatments. Our personal injury attorneys all share a strong belief that the manufactures of dangerous drugs must be held liable for the damages that they cause to innocent patients. When a consumer undergoes medical treatment, they expect that the care given will be safe. Unfortunately, however, far too many companies are releasing medications and prescriptions drugs that are not safe for consumption.
To learn more about your legal options, please fill out a Free Case Review on this page.
GranuFlo Heart Risks
Fresenius Medical Care has led the dialysis industry for many years in both the manufacturing of treatment medications and administering of such. With over 5,700 dialysis treatment centers and more than 400,000 dialysis patients throughout the United States, this FDA Class 1 recall has and will continue to affect a large number of individuals. Currently, 900 fatalities have been reportedly linked to the health risks associated with both GranuFlo and NaturaLyte. If you or a loved one has been treated with either of these dialysis drugs, you must seek medical attention immediately. Following adequate medical care, contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss potential compensations that are available.
The following are the most medical concerns linked to the use of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte:
- Heart Attacks/Strokes – When a patient has received either GranuFlo or NaturaLyte treatments and experiences a heart attack or stroke, damages to the heart and blockage of arteries, respectively, may occur. While both of these medical conditions are different, they are both very damaging to the heart and must be treated as soon as possible by a medical professional.
- Low Blood Pressure – GranuFlo heart risks in patients include a recent drop in blood pressure. When blood pressure is low, many other issues may arise in terms of health complications with the brain, heart, or kidney. While this side effect may be considered the least severe, the aftermath of low blood pressure can become quite a serious health risk.
- Hypoxemia and Hypercapnia – When the level of oxygen is low throughout the bloodstream, hypoxemia may develop, often in conjunction with a large concentration of carbon dioxide in the blood, which is commonly linked to hypercapnia. These GranuFlo heart risks can be incredibly dangerous because when the body is unable to remove carbon dioxide, the lungs receive inadequate gas exchanges. Typical illnesses linked to both hypoxemia and hypercapnia includes chronic pulmonary disorder, lung disease, and sleep apnea.
- Cardiopulmonary Arrest – Commonly called cardiac arrest, this GranuFlo and NaturaLyte related side effect takes place when blood circulation is compromised, stopping the flow of oxygen to the body and often causing a heart attack in the patient. Due to the lack of oxygen, the patient’s brain is unable to function properly, typically causing loss of cognizance and abnormal breathing. In the worst case scenario, this lack of oxygen causes the patient to stop breathing altogether. In these cases, the dialysis patient must be treated by a medical professional immediately to avoid permanent damage, or possibly death.
- Cardiovascular Death – Across the globe, cardiovascular related diseases are the leading cause of both death and disability. The World Health Organization estimates that by 2030, 23.6 million people in the world will die from some kind of cardiovascular disease. Clearly, the GranuFlo heart risks are serious and must be taken seriously by dialysis patients throughout Alabama and the U.S.
If you or a loved one has suffered any cardiovascular illnesses following the use of GranuFlo or NaturaLyte, contact our Mobile personal injury law firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Mobile AL Heart Injury Lawyers
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approve hundreds and drugs every year. Unfortunately, many of these drugs have not been tested thoroughly enough, eventually causing serious damages and health complications for patients who have been treated with them. Dangerous drugs manufactured by irresponsible health care facilities are simply unacceptable. Citrin Law Firm strongly believes that these manufacturing companies must be held liable for the massive injuries and health risks in which they subject their loyal patients.
If you or a loved one has suffered from any of the above GranuFlo heart risks following the dialysis treatment of either NaturaLyte of GranuFlo, you may be entitled to compensation from FMC. We are in the process of taking on cases throughout the state of Alabama.
To get started today, please complete a Free Case Review above.
Contact Us, Andy is Ready to Win for You
OUR PROMISE TO OUR CLIENTS: YOU WON’T PAY A DIME UNTIL WE WIN
We Know How Stressful Serious Accidents Can Be
Our law firm supports its clients at every step of the way. We handle the details of your legal claims and make sure you have the information you need to make the best choice for your family and your future.
Getting Injured People the Help They Need After a Serious Accident