Overview of Distracted Driving Scholarship Requirements
Congratulations to all of Alabama’s upcoming graduates! This is a very busy, hectic, and exciting time in your lives. We know that many of you are crunching numbers and trying to figure out how you’ll finance your education. For this reason, Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship to one Mobile, Alabama area high school senior each year.
This scholarship focuses on distracted driving. Nationally, studies have concluded that 16 percent of fatal crashes are caused by some form of distracted driving. In Alabama, the number of reported cases in which distracted driving caused the crash increased by about 20 percent in 2016 over 2014, according to the analysis of crash statistics provided by The University of Alabama.
Below, we have outlined the basic requirements for this scholarship:
Applicants must have a 3.0 or higher GPA to apply.
Required Application Materials:
To apply, scholarship applicants must submit the following materials:
- Confirmation of enrollment at a community college or 4-year, accredited institution
- An essay that is between 750 and 2,000 words in length and discusses how distracted driving has impacted your life
Scholarship applications are accepted year-round, and Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys’ $1,000 local distracted driving scholarship is offered once per year. The deadline for consideration each year is:
- June 30 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply for Andy Citrin Injury Attorneys’ Distracted Driving Scholarship
- Complete the short form below.
- Check your email inbox for a message with specific details about the application process. (Note that this communication may end up in your spam or junk folder, so be sure to check there if you don’t see it in your inbox.)
- Follow the submission instructions included in the email.